Children visit hospitals and clinics as both patients and visitors. These visits can be made stress free for the children and their parents and be the point of cultivation of a positive health-access behaviour in the future healthcare consumer.
Paediatric friendly healthcare spaces need to be :
- Safe (height, blunt-edges, padded non-slippery flooring etc.)
- Hygiene friendly (since extra contact surfaces are included i.e play-area/toys etc. all these should be hygiene friendly)
- Appealing (lighting, colour scheme, noise etc.)
- Engaging (toys, play-areas, wall murals etc.)
- Compliant with statutory and mandatory healthcare infrastructural requirements (space allocation to each room and bed type, fire safety, direction signage etc.)
Read the following articles to get a better idea of how we can keep our young patients safe and smiling.